Thursday, August 27, 2009

NEW FEATURE - Monday Morning Lead Rocks


Starting Monday, August 31st, I will be introducing a new feature to the Manager's Blog ... "Monday Morning Lead Rocks"

One of the objectives of From the Manager's Desk was to highlight and summarize, daily and weekly club activities. Monday Morning Lead Rocks will be a bulletin board of sorts - snippets of member's announcements and achievements - births, celebrations, meeting reminders, etc.

Much like a Lead's rocks setting up the start of a game, I hope Monday Morning Lead Rocks will evolve to become an essential place to start your curling week at RKCC. But, I will need your help!

If you have an announcement or reminder you would like to make (birth, anniversary, etc.), please notify me in person, or by email (admin@royalkingston.com). Give me the specifics and I will try to include it in the next posting. The more the merrier ... it is your bulletin board! If you have any questions about what can be reported, please contact me.

To demonstrate the type of content to be highlighted, I offer this recent member announcement:
Congratulations to RKCC members Allan & Lacey (nee Smith) Monk, who became the proud parents of a bouncing baby boy (8 lbs. even), named Carson Earl Monk, at 5:58 a.m. on August 24, 2009. Proud grandparents Donna and Wayne Smith, are already sizing him up for curling gear!

And don't forget!!! I am still looking for ideas about issues to discuss more in depth on the blog, and I would like the members to help pick the content. As mentioned previously, if you have a question about club operation, policy or activty, then it is likely that another member does as well ... let's try to get the question answered so that all of the members understand!

Good Curling!

No comments:

Post a Comment